Being the first citizen owned private hospital in Botswana, Sidilega Private Hospital was launched on the 17th of October 2019. It is a cutting-edge facility located in Gaborone, in the Centre of Block Seven, Plot 59932, near the Western By-pass highway (1km), which is one of the main routes linking the entire city Centre and the suburbs of Gaborone. The Western By-pass provides easy access for people coming from the surrounding areas and villages all within a radius of 80kms. The Sir Seretse Khama International Airport is around 10 km from the hospital. The vicinity of the hospital is densely populated and also has huge scope for future developments.
Sidilega has been licensed to operate 110 beds with multi tertiary specialties. It is the hospital’s mission to provide efficient and cost effective health care services to people in Botswana and internationally by offering an extended service in medical tourism. The hospital has World Class Management supported by reputed doctors and state-of-the-art infrastructure with equipment, delivering the best patient care in the country. The company is well acquainted with the health care personnel in and around the Southern African Region and Europe. The company comprises of locally registered doctors and investors who are well versed with the local market. Sidilega is led primarily by a group of renowned medical professionals who play the role of directors, these dignitaries include DR. L. Huang, DR. M. Phuthego, DR. S. Rasul and Mr. X.Ye.
While promoting the preventive and therapeutic care services, the directors invested on high end technology to support the patient care management, and accordingly the medical and non-medical equipment procured from renowned vendors and upholding quality assurance factors as well.
“To be recognised as world class healthcare facility, providing services at an affordable cost, in a safe patient centred environment conforming to ethical standards and with commitment to social responsibility”.
- Deliver healthcare services through continuous quality improvement and adherence to industry leading practices in patient safety.
- To provide high quality patient focused health care that is readily accessible, cost effective and meets the needs of the community.
- Provide professional education, training, and research that foster innovation and growth.
Organization – Service Values
- Primary Value: Add value to our patients every day through quality, safety and affordability in service delivery
- Ethical Standards: Maintain high ethical standards in service delivery through our team of compassionate professionals, focused on the needs of the patients from our communities, regions, the nation and the world.
- Evidence Based Medicine: Adopt and deliver best practices through evidence based medicine as an integrated team of multi-disciplinary Physicians, Surgeons and Allied health professionals.
- Botho: Humanity and respect for self and others. Treat our patients, visitors, employees and other customers, with respect and dignity.
- Continuous quality improvement: Continuously improve all systems, processes and procedures that support patient care, education and research.
- Healthy work environment: Create a healthy work environment by encouraging teamwork, collaborative practices, personal responsibility and accountability, integrity, innovation, trust and communication amongst all our staff.
- Social Responsibility: Focus on the healthcare needs of the community, provide affordable care and participate in welfare activities of the government.
- Commitment: Be a Center of Excellence in Healthcare for patient safety through commitment and focus on continuous quality improvement.
- Compliance: Meet the compliance standards of International Healthcare through integrated quality systems and evidence based medicine.
- Expectation: Surpass patient expectations by delivering healthcare service that is caring and compassionate.
- Team work: Develop team work and communication through encouraging multi-disciplinary collaborative practice.